Property: 10 |
Cleaning: 10 |
Host: 10 |
Location: 10 |
| Breakfast: 10
Alessandra and Giovanni are.. a treasure. As is their lovely, recently renovated old home in Genova. I had the pleasure to be there for two full weeks, and had the honor over this time of getting to know the couple personally. They are very generous, open, personable, warm, and generally fabulous people and these many positive qualities shine through in their work, pride, and joy - il Borgo di Genova.
The place is charming, and spotless. You could eat off the beautifully tiled bathroom floors. You think I'm exaggerating. But I'm not! It is clear that Alessandra and Giovanni care deeply about the comfort of their guests, and have gone out of their way to create an inviting environment that you can call home over the duration of your stay. I felt at home, instantly. Both because the house and my room was so cute, but also because Alessandra and Giovanni made me feel at home. After all, this is where they live, too. Just upstairs.
Favorite aspects of my stay..
* Chatting with both Alessandra and Giovanni, over breakfast, and with the other guests.
* Homemade cake in the morning from Alessandra - Yes! She makes the cake herself.* The fantastic rain shower in my private bathroom. Great water pressure is always welcome!
* Charming interior design details throughout the house and in my room - the floor tiles, the toile bedding and accents, the geraniums outside my bathroom window and the ivy outside my bedroom window, the high ceilings and ceiling fan.
* The 5-minute-or-less proximity to the Genova Brignole train station and bus terminal. This was just wonderful. I was able to do so many day trips from the B&B - leaving early in the morning and returning late in the evening, if I chose.
* Reliable WiFi! Was great. I could easily check my email, train schedules, the weather - anything - with my iPod or laptop from the comfort of my room or anywhere in or just outside the building.
I also appreciated the hot water kettle and tea service in my room. Boy did that ever come in handy as I was down at the B&B nearly the entire second week of my stay with a terrible cold. But with tea in my room and the help of Alessandra and Giovanni to get the right meds from the chemist, I was fine. Their assistance, warmth, and friendship during this week at the B&B made the trip amazing, while that week could easily have been just the opposite. Who wants to spend a week in enchanting Liguria on vacation, sick at a hotel? Well, I tell you this - if you must get sick on vacation, consider yourself blessed to find yourself confined to il Borgo di Genova. I know I did.
Liguria is one of my favorite regions in Italy, a place I plan on returning to many times. And there is no question now as to where I will stay when I want the perfect home base from which to explore Genova and the surrounding area - you'll find me at il Borgo di Genova. Without question.
stayed from 05/16/2011 to 05/29/2011